12 July 2020
Call to Worship
Since we are receiving a Kingdom that is unshakable, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.Hebrews 12:28
Song – Thine Be The Glory
Thine Be The Glory (NCHB 88) – Lyrics included in video
The Apostle’s Creed
I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth;
and in Jesus Christ, his only Son our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, dead, and buried.
He descended into hell.
The third day he rose again from the dead.
He ascended into heaven,
and is seated at the right hand of God the Father almighty;
from there he shall come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit;
the holy catholic church;
the communion of saints;
the forgiveness of sins;
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.
An Australian Prayer Book, p. 26
Reading & Sermon:
- Colossians 3:1-17
- Psalm 57
Or, if you’d just like to listen…
Song – Resurrection Song
- Resurrection Song (CBES 99) – Lyrics in video
FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND PRAY YOUR OWN PRAYERS – BELOW ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS…
- Give thanks for, and respond to the Word we have just heard in prayer.
- Pray that many in these days might come to confess with their lips “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in their hearts God raised him from the dead.
- Pray for the Nicolles and their family, and the ministry of SILA and Wycliffe.
- Give thanks for the Father’s goodness to us in these days, and ask that by the Spirit he might grant to us all the patient endurance that is needed, and the love, joy and peace that he both promises to us, and calls us to in Christ.
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! “For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?” “Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?” For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.Romans 11:33-36