21 June, 2020
Call to Worship
Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker! For he is our God, and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand.Psalm 95:6-7
- Before The Throne Of God (CBES 2) – Lyrics included in video
The Lord’s Prayer
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our sins
as we forgive those who sin against us.
Lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power,
and the glory are yours
now and for ever. Amen.
- Only A Holy God (CBES 114) – Lyrics included in video
- If you wish, the story book for today’s 2-4s and 5-8s Sunday School time is available here.
- The New City Catechism question for our 9-12s can be found here. (Revision from last week)
1 Thessalonians 5:1-11
Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers, you have no need to have anything written to you. For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.
2 Timothy 4:1-8
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching. For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions, and will turn away from listening to the truth and wander off into myths. As for you, always be sober-minded, endure suffering, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure has come. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing. Do your best to come to me soon.
Or, if you’d just like to listen…
Song – The Day of the Lord
- The Day of the Lord (CBES 62) – Lyrics included in video
FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND PRAY YOUR OWN PRAYERS – BELOW ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS…
- Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again.
- As we conclude our ‘Lord of Glory’ series today, you might like to shape your prayers around this ancient three-fold confession of all who love his appearing.
- As we look forward to recommencing our Sunday services and gathering together next week, give thanks that we are able to do this, and please pray for all that needs to be considered and done to prepare for this.
- For many reasons there has been, and continues to be, much unrest in the world and in many of our hearts – pray that we might let the peace of Christ rule our hearts and not allow other powers or passions to take his place.
All Thanks to the Lamb
- You might enjoy listening to this reworked hymn of John Wesley’s. It is composed and performed by Hadyn Jones. Hadyn released this especially this week as many churches look forward to meeting together again for the first time in quite a while. The first verse begins: “All thanks to the Lamb, Who gives us to meet! His love we proclaim, His praises repeat…
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.2 Corinthians 13:14