30 August 2020
Call to Worship
Oh come, let us sing to the LORD; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land. Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our Maker!Psalm 96:1-6
Song – Let Your Kingdom Come
- Let Your Kingdom Come (CBES 101) – Lyrics included in video
to whom all hearts are open,
all desires known,
and from whom no secrets are hidden:
cleanse the thoughts of our hearts
by the inspiration of your Holy Spirit,
that we may perfectly love you,
and worthily magnify your holy name,
through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Father, you have taught us to express our love for you
by prayer, denial of self, and works of mercy.
When we are discouraged by our weakness,
give us confidence in your love.
We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
Song – Holy Spirit Living Breath of God
- Holy Spirit Living Breath of God (CBES 53) – lyrics included in video
Or, if you’d just like to listen…
Song – My Heart Is Filled With Thankfulness
- My Heart is Filled With Thankfulness (CBES 68) – Lyrics included in video
FEEL FREE TO USE YOUR OWN WORDS AND PRAY YOUR OWN PRAYERS – BELOW ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS…
- Give thanks for, and respond to the Word we have just heard in prayer.
- Give thanks and pray for the young people of our Coro Church Family – that they might know the love of God that surpasses knowledge.
- Pray for K who preparing to serve in South East Asia and share the gospel there in the coming year if travel restrictions allow.
- Pray for the people, government and health care workers in Victoria.
- Pray for the church world-wide at this time. May it bear witness to love, mercy and grace of our sovereign God and Father.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit, be with us all, now and forever. Amen.And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.1 Peter 5:10-11